At the beginning of the last century Carlo François bought the property and transformed it from a country residence to an agricultural firm. From then on, Castello di Querceto began to carve out for itself a significant role in the Italian and international wine panorama. In 1924, the estate founded the Chianti Classico Wine Consortium. In 1978 Carlo’s nephew, Alessandro François and his wife Maria Antonietta Corsi decided to get involved in managing the winery.
The winery now owns around 200 hectares of land, of which 60 are vineyards, 6 are olive groves and the rest are chestnut groves and oak woods. Castello di Querceto is surrounded by beautiful countryside on the high hills which form part of the Chianti hill range on the north-eastern edge of the Chianti Classico region.