The origin of the château goes back as far as the XVIIth century. In those days the monks from the close by abbey were regular wines costumers. The high-quality product is early acknowledged in the 1868 edition of « Bordeaux & its wines « (Ed. Feret & sons), the château is named amongst the most prestigious wine producers of Lussac.
Where as the first cannon shot moves off the planet to report the start of the World War One, the château becomes the family property in 1914. Michel & Sidonie, the first generation, modest share-croppers, reach to the owner rank at this time. Afterwards, it will be Gabriel & Eva, then Jean-Paul & Odette and nowadays Jean-Pierre, helped by his wife Evelyne to cultivate and to develop this magnificient vineyard, spreading over 15 hectares.
The quality of the terroir (soil), the cultural approach to the vines, the harvesting at optimal ripeness, the traditional winemaking and the strict control of the fermentation, allows to make a range of remarkabl fine and distinguished wines.
From pruning to harvesting, all the work is done in the aim of obtaining perfectly ripe fruit, de-budding, thinning out of leaves, green harvesting if it is necessary. In the research of a biological balance between the vines and the soil, grass is planted between the rows of vines and organic fertilisers are used when it is necessary too. The harvest is separated, all the vegetal (green) parts are eliminated, only the juice and the individual grape berries are macerated. Careful temperature control allows a slow and regular fermentation.